Shared Ownership Financial Advisor
Housetrade has a pannel of preferred panel of specialist Shared Ownership Independent Financial Advisors who specialist in affordable homes and shared ownership, please follow the tab to the right or fill out an enquiry with your requirements and our panel will be in touch:
If you meet the eligibility criteria see details here, the housing association you are looking to buy a share of a property from will invite you to choose an Independent Financial Advisor (IFA) from an approved list of financial advisers. The Shared Ownership IFA will inform you what pieces of information will be required to go through an eligibility and financial assessment. They will make you aware of your financial obligations, all the associated costs and what will be sustainable for you in terms of budget. They will then be able to determine your eligibility for the home you are interested in, the share you can afford and any other financial requirements.
The information the IFA will request from you is as follows:
- Proof of your name and address - for example utility or council tax bill
- Proof of your salary - for example 3 months payslips or P60
- Identification - for example your passport
- Proof of your savings - for example a building society statement Details of any children living with you Any other appropriate information in support of your application.
- The Independent Financial Advisor will search for the best mortgage offers to meet your needs and refer you to a selection of lenders that will be able to help you. Housetrade have partnered up with a panel of specialist shared ownership mortgage lenders giving you the choice and ensuring you benefit from the most suitable and cost effective offering available see the list here. You are no obliged to use one of these suggested lenders although if you search on the high street and find a lender who isn’t a specialist in shared ownership it can delay the buying process.