To search for all properties available on the site leave all fields blank and click search
Search for Shared Ownership Properties
Filter by Property Type »
The property must be a...
Filter by Features »
The property must have...
Order Results by »
Order my results by...
Shared Ownership Resales
Housetrade.co.uk is a centralised site offering an easy guide to buying shared ownership resale properties, including the processes, links to housing associations & relevant personnel, available properties, affordable housing mortgage brokers, specialised solicitors and dedicated service providers. This site offers an easy step-by-step process guiding you to the right people and places at the right time, finally to a list of properties currently available that meet your criteria.
Affordability - All customers must apply to and be approved to be able to buy or rent a low cost home in England by means of an affordability assessment and application which are handled by the local government appointed HomeBuy agent for your area - See HomeBuy Agents. If you have previously applied for help into home ownership you do not need to apply again. * RECENT CHANGE! As of the 1st June 2012 the threshold for household income has been changed up to £64,300pa if you are looking to buy or rent 1 and 2 bedroom homes and up to £77,200pa if you are looking to buy or rent family sized homes (3+ bedrooms).
We know this can all be a bit confusing especially for first time buyers, you may be asking yourself what is shared ownership, what is affordable housing and what do I do? Here are a few simple steps to using Housetrade.co.uk;
How to Buy a Shared Ownership Property
Affordability - You must apply and be approved to be able to buy or rent shared ownership property and affordable homes in England by means of an affordability assessment and application. Inside London the Housing Association you are purchasing a share from look after these applications, whereas across the rest of the UK government appointed HomeBuy Agents look after geographic areas. If you have previously applied for help into home ownership for cheap houses and low cost homes you do not need to apply again. The threshold for household income is a gross household income of no more than £66,000 per annum when eligible to purchase or rent a one or two bedroom home or no more than £80,000 per annum when eligible to purchase or rent a family sized home (three or more bedrooms).
Follow this step-by-step Guide to buying a Shared Ownership Home:(Click here to see steps)
- Register with local HomeBuy agent for shared ownership schemes (HomeBuy Agents are government appointed to handle enquiries).
- Obtain an Agreement in Principle - contact our shared ownership mortgage lenders here to obtain a free no obligation agreement in principle for a mortgage (usually involving a credit check).
- Select which shared ownership properties you are interested in - speak to the Housing Association who fulfil qualification and complete affordability application and eligibility questions over the phone and put you in contact with the seller to view properties.
- When you have found a property you like and are eligible for - (or the housing associaiton contact you to formally offer a property) you will usually then need to pay a reservation fee confirming all the property details share price etc.
- You can now submit a full mortgage application through our panel .
- At this point you should appoint a solicitor - our specialist panel of shared ownership solicitors are on hand.
- When your mortgage application has been submitted - the lender will perform necessary checks and instruct a valuation and if this passes you will receive a formal mortgage offer.
- Now it is just down to the solicitors to finalise the legal steps and you are ready to move into your new shared ownership home.
Second Hand Resales - Click here
Housetrade is in the process of attracting increasing numbers of Housing Associations, Registered Social Landlords (RSLs), Registered Providers and Homebuy Agents to advertise any resale properties offered through shared ownership schemes. Our marketing services provide the best chance of achieving a sale without the need to staircase up in order to sell your home.
NEW - Online Estate Agent package
Open to individual sellers, Housing Associations, Developers, (RSLs) Registered Social Landlords and Registered Providers this new online estate agent service enables shared ownership properties to be marketed through the website and also appear on some of the UKs largest property portals under affordable housing. Housetrade partners with all the required service providers.